According to NBC4i, Columbus Public Health is investigating an outbreak of measles cases that have been reported in childcare facilities in the area.
CPH confirmed that there are an additional nine measles cases in five different daycares in central Ohio, adding to the four confirmed cases reported last week in one unspecified child care facility in the city.
Of the 15 total cases reported, all are in children under five years old who are unvaccinated, per Columbus Public Health.
Measles is a highly contagious virus transmitted through coughing and sneezing. According to the CDC, infected individuals can spread the virus up to four days before becoming symptomatic.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to See Wu-Tang Clan and Nas!
- ‘Sheeeeiiitttt’: Sen. Bob Menendez’s Bribery Indictment Is Giving Clay Davis Vibes From ‘The Wire’
- Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
- NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
- Tamar Braxton, Mama Braxton, and Rickey Smiley Talk Grief & Growth [WATCH]
- Tamar Braxton on Love and War 10th Anniversary Tour + ‘Changed’ Live On-Air [LISTEN]
- Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
- Irvo Otieno’s Family Agrees To $8.5M Settlement In Black Man’s Untimely Death
- Real Cases, Real Damn Funny: BET Announces Premiere Date For ‘Ms. Pat Settles It’ + Trailer
- Rickey Smiley Announces ‘The Return of Lil’ Darryl’ Live Comedy Special [LISTEN]
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
EN VOGUE SETTLE LAWSUIT, TWO MEMBERS LOSE NAME RIGHTS
It's a Fantasia & Joe Winning Weekend [Click Here To Register]