In honor of veteran’s day state and federal offices will be closed and there will be no mail delivery. Please see the veteran’s day listing of events below. Magic 98.9 thanks all of our veterans for all that you have done and continue to do.
Wednesday veteran’s day events-
- Canal Winchester: Veterans photo display at village municipal building, 36 S. High St.
- Circleville: 10 a.m., inaugural Circleville Community Veterans Day ceremony, Leadership Center at Ohio Christian University, 1476 Lancaster Pike, followed by lunch for veterans and families at Circleville High School library, 380 Clark Dr.
- Columbus: 11 a.m., wreath-laying ceremony in Section 104 of Green Lawn Cemetery, 1000 Greenlawn Ave.
- Delaware: 8 a.m., dedication of new Veterans Memorial Garden at Center for Older Adults, 800 Cheshire Rd.
- Dublin: 11 a.m., ceremony by Wesley G. Davids American Legion Post 800 and VFW Post 10691 at Grounds of Remembrance in Veterans Park, 77 N. High St.
- Gahanna: 11 a.m., ceremony and brick dedication at Veterans Memorial Park, end of Old Johnstown Road and Big Walnut Creek.
- Hilliard: 7 p.m., parade begins at Scioto-Darby Road and Veterans Memorial Drive, going to American Legion Memorial Post 614, 3898 Lattimer St., where memorial service will be held. Free bean soup and cornbread meal will be served at post at 2 p.m.
- Johnstown: 8:45 a.m., Veterans Day celebration at Johnstown-Monroe High School, 401 S. Oregon St., including ceremony and brunch for veterans.
- Lancaster: 10:30 a.m., parade on Broad Street from Fairfield County Fairgrounds to Veterans Park at Main Street; 11 a.m., ceremony, including wreath-laying, at park gazebo.
- London: 10 a.m., United Veterans Organization of Madison hosts a ceremony at London High School, 336 Elm St.; 10:45 a.m., same group will hold brief ceremony at veterans monument at Madison County Courthouse, 1 N. Main St; Noon, program at Madison County Senior Center, 280 W. High St. Lunch will be available for nominal charge.
- Marysville: 11 a.m., Voice from the Stone program at Veterans Memorial Plaza at Union County Courthouse, 215 W. 5th St.
- Newark: 7 to 9 a.m., breakfast for veterans at American Legion Post 85, 85 S. 6th St.; 10:30 a.m., parade from west side of courthouse to Veterans Park on 6th Street; 11 a.m., ceremony at Veterans Park.
- Pataskala: 11:30 a.m., prayer service at Pataskala Cemetery, 9545 Creek Dr.; 12:25 p.m., Veterans memorial ceremony, including dedication of 12 new memorial bricks and new fallen-soldier statue at memorial location on Rt. 310; 1 p.m., F-16 flyover.
- Pickerington: 8:15 a.m., ceremony featuring retired National Guard Maj. Gen. David Hartley at gazebo of Pickerington Central High School, 300 Opportunity Way.
- Powell: 10 a.m., Veterans Day program at Greater Powell Veterans Memorial at Village Green Park, 47 Hall St.
(Courtesy Columbus Dispatch)
Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
Diddy Releases Statement After Being Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year-Old, X Tells Him To Log Off
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
Columbus: See Inside The Abandoned Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark