An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- MTV VMA's Best and Worst Dressed [PICS]
- Co-Founder of "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" Drowns at 27
- Woman Sues The Carter's and Claims to Be Beyonce's Surrogate for Blue Ivy!
- What?! Two Dead Bodies Found in SE Columbus Apartment
- 2014 Primetime Emmy Red Carpet Rewind... Best & Worst Dressed [PICS]
- Beyonce's Stellar VMA Performance & Adorable Blue Ivy Watches [VIDEO]