An original native of St. Croix, Virgin Islands, Holstein got his start in the numbers game on Wall Street. After a stint in the Navy and working as a porter and a doorman, Holstein worked his way to Wall Street as head messenger for a brokerage firm. While on the street, he studied the stock market and familiarized himself with numbers. Like many poor people of the time, he took his knowledge to the gangs, earning a living by running an illegal lottery he nicknamed Bolito. By 1920, the kid from the West Indies had become the “Bolito King,” head of the most successful underground lottery system of the time.
- There's a New Prision Bae Mugshot! And She is Flawless! [PHOTO]
- Hacked! Gabrielle Union, Rihanna and Meagan Good The Latest Victims
- Fantasia Introduces Her New Man On Instagram
- Sheryl Underwood’s Secret About 3 Bad-Mouthing ‘Queens Of Comedy’ Will Give You Goosebumps! Plus the Queens Respond! [VIDEO]
- SMH! Keyshia Cole Arrested for Assulting a Woman
- The Story Behind Beyoncé's Twin Backup Dancers