Months after Beyonce inked a $50 million, multi-faceted deal with Pepsi, Jay-Z and Samsung are said to be locking in a $20 million package that would see the rapper collaborating on multiple projects with the tech giant.
Page Six reports that the rapper and now sports agent might create a social media network as part of the deal. Regardless of the terms, a $20 million signing is a big move for the man who famously asserted, “I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.”
If true, the report would signal the latest in a number of high-profile business moves Jay-Z has made over the past couple of years. He dissolved his stake in the Brooklyn Nets to set up Roc Nation Sports, a talent agency that has already landed some key signings; he moved his music label, Roc Nation, from Sony to Universal; he launched Made in America, a massive music festival in Philadelphia and even executive produced “The Great Gatsby.”
As previously mentioned, highly structured deals are nothing new to the Carter-Knowles family. Beyonce’s massive Pepsi contract includes traditional promotional appearances and ad campaigns, but also gives Pepsi a stake in Beyonce’s creative endeavors.
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Kenya Moore Facing Eviction from Atlanta
- Little Known Black History Fact: Cathay Williams, Buffalo Soldier
- COMMENTARY: NY Jets Star Vows to Be Better Father to 12 Children By Eight Women
- Buckeye Valley Teacher Plead Guilty To Engaging In Sexual Relationships With Two Students
- LOCAL: Passenger Punched by RTA Driver Found Guilty of Disorderly Conduct