The man known to South Africans as “Madiba” and known to the world as Nelson Mandela, has been released from a Pretoria hospital .
The living legend, who is listed as in critical condition, and had been hospitalized since June, will now continue his recovery within the confines of his home, according to the South African president’s office on Sunday.
“Madiba’s condition remains critical and is at times unstable,” President Jacob Zuma’s office said, referring to the revered leader’s clan name. “Nevertheless, his team of doctors are convinced that he will receive the same level of intensive care at his Houghton home that he received in Pretoria”
Mandela, 95, was hospitalized June 8 because of a lung infection. He marked his July birthday at the Pretoria hospital where he has been surrounded by relatives.
“During his stay in hospital from the 8th of June 2013, the condition of our former President vacillated between serious to critical and at times unstable,” the office said. “Despite the difficulties imposed by his various illnesses, he, as always, displays immense grace and fortitude.
The frail icon has not appeared in public for years, but he retains his popularity as the father of democracy and emblem of the nation’s fight against apartheid.
READ MORE and WATCH VIDEO: EURweb.com
Article and Picture Courtesy of EUR Web
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Breaking News: Basketball Standout Jared Sullinger Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- Omarosa’s Got a New Love, Really?
- Little Known Black History Fact: The First Black Girl Scouts of America
- Columbus Crew Fire Head Coach [VIDEO]
- 1st Anniversary Of Statewide Texting Ban; Is It Working?
Sam Sylk Welcomes The D.L. Hughley Show on WZAK [LISTEN]
1. The D.L. Hughley Show on WZAKSource: 1 of 5
2. Jasmine SandersSource: 2 of 5
3. Steve WilsonSource: 3 of 5
4. The D.L. Hughley Show on WZAKSource: 4 of 5
5. The D.L. Hughley Show on WZAKSource: 5 of 5
Nelson Mandela Released from Hospital, Though Remains in Critical Condition was originally published on wzakcleveland.com