- Mail will not be delivered.
- Parking meters in Columbus will be enforced.
- County, state and federal offices will be closed. Columbus city offices will be open.
- Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Main Library and these branches will be open: Dublin, Gahanna, Hilliard, Hilltop, Karl Road, New Albany, Reynoldsburg, Southeast and Whetstone.
- Columbus trash collection and Rumpke curbside recycling and yard-waste collection will not be affected by the holiday.
- Columbus City Schools and most other districts will be in session.
- Columbus State Community College and Ohio State University will be closed.
Events honoring veterans
- Dublin: Complimentary breakfast for all veterans, 9 to 10:30 a.m. at La Chatelaine, 65 W. Bridge St., before the annual Veterans Day Ceremony at Grounds of Remembrance in Veterans Park at 11 a.m. Lt. Col. Lee King, Commander of VFW Post 10691, will give the keynote address.
- Gahanna: Ceremony, Veterans Memorial Park, 73 W. Johnstown Rd., 11 a.m.
- Grove City: Service at American Legion Paschall Post 164, 3363 McDowell Rd., 11 a.m. Will include the dedication of the World War II Honor Roll sign and Veterans Memorial Garden.
- Hilliard: Parade from the Franklin County Fairgrounds, 4100 Columbia St., to Veterans Memorial, where a short service will follow, 7 p.m. There also will be a free bean and cornbread supper for veterans at the Safety Services Building, 5181 Northwest Parkway, noon to 8 p.m.
- Westerville: Free pancake breakfast for veterans (cost for others is $4) at the Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Ave., from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., with a patriotic program at 10 a.m. Call the Senior Center at 614-901-6560 to register.
There are many resturants around town that are offering free meals for Veterans. Click here to find out where Veterans can eat for free on this holiday.
Follow me on Instagram @Nia_Noelle or Twitter @NiaNoelleRadio