So that defamation of character lawsuit that Memphitz filed against K. Michelle, Viacom andMona Scott-Young‘s company Monami? The Atlanta-based producer just lost the case, which spells bad news for his attempts to clear his name.
The case was an attempt to distance himself from the domestic abuse and money embezzlement accusations that Michelle shared in season 1 of Scott-Young’s hit VH1 show Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta.
Memphitz, whose real name is Mickey Wright Jr., first filed in September 2012 asking for $15 million in damages and another $50 million in “punitive damages.” Michelle never actually said his name when she was on the series, but from past interviews she’s done, fans of the show pieced the clues together and concluded it was likely Memphitz to whom she was referring. He was also her manager during their alleged relationship.
After the filing, depositions were held so that Memphitz could prove the accusations were false and that he was more of a “private figure” than a public one. Memphitz, however, admitted to a “physical confrontation” with Michelle in hotel in 2009, as well as spending a portion of Jive Records money on jewelry. He also admitted to smothering her with a pillow and sending threatening text messages to his-then girlfriend’s son.
Those are pretty harrowing details and because the accusations appeared more true than false, Fulton County Judge Robert McBurney chose the side of the defendants Michelle, Viacom and Scott-Young.
This is just another layer of bad news for the seemingly difficult producer, as Memphitz is still-married toToya Carter, but the two are currently estranged.
Article Courtesy of Hello Beautiful
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images
Behind The Scenes at the #EmpowerONECle Seminars [PHOTOS]
1. 14289240957447Source:EmpowerONECle 1 of 27
2. 14289235419973Source:EmpowerONECle 2 of 27
3. 14289235221569Source:EmpowerONECle 3 of 27
4. 14289214811493Source:EmpowerONECle 4 of 27
5. 14288871197931Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 5 of 27
6. 14288867538445Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 6 of 27
7. 14288862125553Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 7 of 27
8. 14288862772549Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 8 of 27
9. 14288860815342Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 9 of 27
10. 14288858562441Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 10 of 27
11. 14288859380296Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 11 of 27
12. 14288856461919Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 12 of 27
13. 14288856289961Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 13 of 27
14. 14288855363773Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 14 of 27
15. 14288854559664Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 15 of 27
16. 14288854517193Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 16 of 27
17. 14288852757906Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 17 of 27
18. 14288852650718Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 18 of 27
19. 14288851795332Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 19 of 27
20. 14288851699417Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 20 of 27
21. 14288851215701Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 21 of 27
22. 14288848925769Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 22 of 27
23. 14288846183596Source:empowerONEcle kris black photos 23 of 27
24. 14289245968391Source:EmpowerONECle 24 of 27
25. 14289245750024Source:EmpowerONECle 25 of 27
26. 14289244612473Source:EmpowerONECle 26 of 27
27. 14289243203207Source:EmpowerONECle 27 of 27
Memphitz Loses Defamation Suit Against K. Michelle, Mona Scott-Young was originally published on wzakcleveland.com