Blueberry Shortbread Bars
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- READY IN 1 hr
1/2 cupcold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 1/2 cupssifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cupwhite sugar
1/4 teaspoonbaking powder
1/4 teaspoonChinese five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoonice water, or more if needed
3/4 cupfresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place butter cubes in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Sprinkle in Chinese five-spice powder.
- Cut in frozen butter using a pastry cutter until the butter pieces are about the size of peas. Mix in egg yolk and continue cutting in until thoroughly combined. Drizzle in ice water and stir to combine. The dough should just come together when pinched between your fingers.
- Pour about 3/4 of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 9×9-inch baking dish. Press the mixture down firmly using the back of a spoon. Spread blueberries in one layer and sprinkle with remaining crumbly dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden and sides are crisp and browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Angel Reese Speaks Out Amid Rumor She Was Suspended For Poor Grades, Social Media Chimes In
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022