We’ve heard about it in other states but Ohio is hosting it’s first tax free weekend so get your coins ready because this is a great weekend to save! The savings holiday begins on Friday, August 7, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
These items are tax exempt:
- Clothing priced at $75 per item or less
- School supplies priced at $20 per item or less
- School instructional material priced at $20 per item or less
Here are some rules for the tax free weekend:
- What stores are participating? All retailers in the state that sell items that are exempt from sales tax (see qualifications listed above). The holiday is state law and retailers must comply.
- During the holiday, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:
- An item of clothing priced at $75 or less;
- An item of school supplies priced at $20 or less; and
- An item of school instructional material priced at $20 or less.
Items used in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.
- What clothing items qualify for tax free? “Clothing” is defined as all human wearing apparel suitable for general use. “Clothing” includes, but is not limited to, shirts; blouses; sweaters; pants; shorts; skirts; dresses; uniforms (athletic and nonathletic); shoes and shoe laces; insoles for shoes; sneakers; sandals; boots; overshoes; slippers; steel-toed shoes; underwear; socks and stockings; hosiery; pantyhose; footlets; coats and jackets; rainwear; gloves and mittens for general use; hats and caps; ear muffs; belts and suspenders; neckties; scarves; aprons (household and shop); lab coats; athletic supporters; bathing suits and caps; beach capes and coats; costumes; baby receiving blankets; diapers, children and adult, including disposable diapers; rubber pants; garters and garter belts; girdles; formal wear; and wedding apparel.
For more details on our tax free weekend click here
Check out Nia Noelle on Magic M-F 10-3pm and Saturdays 10-1pm
Facebook: Nia Noelle
Twitter: @Nia Noelle
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
EN VOGUE SETTLE LAWSUIT, TWO MEMBERS LOSE NAME RIGHTS
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai, X Chimes In With Thoughts