Chancellor Gary is one of the stars of Lifetime’s, Child Genius, a docu-series that follows the families of America’s brightest young minds competing for $100,000. Gary shocked the judges in week one after remembering and reciting all 52 out of 52 shuffled cards after just one hour.
He and his parents civil trial attorney Sekou and former Wall Street investment banker Taylora, talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about his plans for the future, their decision to home cool and the importance of advocating for your children.
What he wants to be when he grows up:
“I want to be a video game software developer. Maybe I’ll start a YouTube channel.”
What he does for fun?
“I play video games a lot. I watch television and anime. I play basketball.”
How is it raising a genius?
“It’s an interesting experience. I have other children and they all get along great. One thing about Chancellor is that he’s great with his siblings.”
When did she first knew that Chancellor was gifted?
“Very early on, when he was one, he had an extensive vocabulary. By two he was speaking in full sentences.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Teenage Stars That Made Good
1. Omarion appeared in commercials at an early age and went on to join 'B2K'. He is currently signed to Rick Ross' label and a cast member of 'Love and Hip Hop'1 of 6
2. Kyla Pratt started acting at age 8, appearing in shows like, 'Friends', 'Smart Guy' and 'Family Matters'. She currently stars in the BET hit 'Let's Stay Together'2 of 6
3. Zendaya Coleman is most known for her characters on the Disney channel and is currently starring in a show on the same network.3 of 6
4. Tahj Mowry is the little brother of superstar twins, Tia and Tamera, however he has been acting in his own right since age four. Some of his roles include 'Full House' and ' Smart Guy'. Currently stars as Tucker on ABC's 'Baby Daddy'.4 of 6
5. Reagan Gomez Preston was spotted on the scene in 1995 as Zaria Peterson in the hit show 'Parenthood'. Since then she has been in a number of videos and movies alike.5 of 6
6. Tamery Mowry-Housely and Tia Mowry-Hardict started their career in 1990 and have had a steady climb in the industry ever since. Both are married with kids and can be seen on their respective televisions shows.6 of 6
(Photo Source: Courtesy)