Sad news in the Music World! Singer, Jazz Icon, and Actress, Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81 years old. According to CNN.com, the legend passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday, December 13th, from a long time illness.
Wilson is a 3 time Grammy winner and dubbed herself as the “Song Stylist.” She has deep roots in Central Ohio. She is from Chillicothe and went to West High School and Central State University. Her musical and acting career spanned over 60 years and she retired from live performance back in 2011 to spend more time with her grandchildren, according to TheJasmineBrand.com
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Wilson is survived by her three children and five grandchildren. There will be no funeral service. Instead, her family will hold a celebration of her life, most likely in February, the month of her birth, per her request.
Rest Easy Nancy Wilson.
- Buckeyes survive to move on to Round 2 of NCAA Tournament
- Marion Hot Dog Stand Owner Arrested For Drug Trafficking
- Man arrested for shooting two passengers in car on I-670
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’
- 4-Year-Old With Spina Bifida Walks For First Time As Friends Cheer Her On [Video]
- DL’s Top 10 Things That Cost More For Women Than Men
- She’s Here: Porsha Williams Gives Birth
- This Website Will Pay You $1,000 To Binge Watch All 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies
- World Water Day: Disturbing Facts About Water Supply In Communities Of Color
- Listen To Black Women | If A Man Cheats, Does That Mean He Doesn’t Love You?