Sad news in the Music World! Singer, Jazz Icon, and Actress, Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81 years old. According to CNN.com, the legend passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday, December 13th, from a long time illness.
Wilson is a 3 time Grammy winner and dubbed herself as the “Song Stylist.” She has deep roots in Central Ohio. She is from Chillicothe and went to West High School and Central State University. Her musical and acting career spanned over 60 years and she retired from live performance back in 2011 to spend more time with her grandchildren, according to TheJasmineBrand.com
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Wilson is survived by her three children and five grandchildren. There will be no funeral service. Instead, her family will hold a celebration of her life, most likely in February, the month of her birth, per her request.
Rest Easy Nancy Wilson.
- The Juvia’s Place And Jeffree Star Debacle Reminds Us It’s Time For Beauty Brands To Do More Than Just Offer Multiple Shades
- OHIO: STUDY SHOWS 20% OF CHILDREN LIVE IN POVERTY
- ‘Empire’ Star Bryshere Gray Arrested!
- MODEL MONDAY: Tanya Angelique Talks Perseverance And Getting Her Start Through A Black Designer
- Gloria Vanderbilt, Mother of Anderson Cooper, Dead At 95
- Does Breezy Have another Kid on the Way?
- Tiffany Haddish Cancels Atlanta Show!
- Tom Joyner Old School Dance Contest
- Love And R&B’s #OHSOREALScenario
- Lauren London Pays Tribute To Nipsey Hussle On Father’s Day [PHOTO]