Sad news in the Music World! Singer, Jazz Icon, and Actress, Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81 years old. According to CNN.com, the legend passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday, December 13th, from a long time illness.
Wilson is a 3 time Grammy winner and dubbed herself as the “Song Stylist.” She has deep roots in Central Ohio. She is from Chillicothe and went to West High School and Central State University. Her musical and acting career spanned over 60 years and she retired from live performance back in 2011 to spend more time with her grandchildren, according to TheJasmineBrand.com
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Wilson is survived by her three children and five grandchildren. There will be no funeral service. Instead, her family will hold a celebration of her life, most likely in February, the month of her birth, per her request.
Rest Easy Nancy Wilson.
- Bob McGrath, original Sesame Street cast member, dies at age 90
- Celebration of life held for Casey Goodson Jr. two years after shooting
- Dream Doll Shows Off Her New Hair After Her Big Chop
- Fantasia Hits The Stage In A Custom Blue Jumpsuit
- When We All Group And ACLU Of Georgia Lead Coalition Tour Ahead Of Runoff Election
- Baby dies of fentanyl overdose; three charged
- Yung Miami Parties It Up In An All Black Look
- Savannah James Shows Off Her Glam Routine In BTS Video
- Buckeyes to play Georgia in College Football Playoff semifinals
- Keke Palmer Reveals She’s Pregnant!