Sad news in the Music World! Singer, Jazz Icon, and Actress, Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81 years old. According to CNN.com, the legend passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday, December 13th, from a long time illness.
Wilson is a 3 time Grammy winner and dubbed herself as the “Song Stylist.” She has deep roots in Central Ohio. She is from Chillicothe and went to West High School and Central State University. Her musical and acting career spanned over 60 years and she retired from live performance back in 2011 to spend more time with her grandchildren, according to TheJasmineBrand.com
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Wilson is survived by her three children and five grandchildren. There will be no funeral service. Instead, her family will hold a celebration of her life, most likely in February, the month of her birth, per her request.
Rest Easy Nancy Wilson.
- Vandals paint over Black Lives Matter memorial
- Ku Klux Klan flyers found in Worthington
- I Hate The Homies Podcast “A Happy Ending?” | Episode 12
- NCAT Receives $23 Million to Help Diversify Clean Energy Field
- Tracee Ellis Ross Is Our Style Muse In A Thrifted Pantsuit
- Queen Things: Nicki Minaj To Receive Video Vanguard Award and Perform Live At 2022 VMAs
- GoFundMe Set For Black Mother Of 6 Found Stabbed To Death In Philadelphia
- Olivia Newton-John Dies Of Breast Cancer At 73
- N.O.R.E. Gets Driver’s License At Age 44
- What’s Trending: From A Hinge Popeyes Date To Marriage, Would You Go On A Date To Popeyes?