Sad news in the Music World! Singer, Jazz Icon, and Actress, Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81 years old. According to CNN.com, the legend passed away peacefully in her home on Thursday, December 13th, from a long time illness.
Wilson is a 3 time Grammy winner and dubbed herself as the “Song Stylist.” She has deep roots in Central Ohio. She is from Chillicothe and went to West High School and Central State University. Her musical and acting career spanned over 60 years and she retired from live performance back in 2011 to spend more time with her grandchildren, according to TheJasmineBrand.com
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Wilson is survived by her three children and five grandchildren. There will be no funeral service. Instead, her family will hold a celebration of her life, most likely in February, the month of her birth, per her request.
Rest Easy Nancy Wilson.
- Win 1K Daily from Rickey Smiley and Keyshia Cole
- Gov. DeWine Announces Plans to End Mask Mandates and Health Orders in Ohio
- Every Referee Officiating The 2021 NBA All-Star Game Will Be An HBCU Graduate
- Bojangles Opening Multiple Locations in Columbus
- Front Page News: QAnon Conspiracy Theory Suspected To Breach Capitol Hill [WATCH]
- Robin Thicke Talks New Single, “Look Easy” & How Loss Inspired His Latest Album [WATCH]
- Kenya Moore Gets Emotional When Talking About The Love Songs From Marc Daly
- LisaRaye Said This About Draya Michele Or Joseline Hernandez Reviving Her Role In The Player’s Club [WATCH]
- Mathew Knowles Calls Fans “Idiots” For Comparing Chloe Bailey To Beyoncé
- UPDATE, Polaris Mall Shooting on Wednesday
- Columbus City School Employee Facing Child Poronography Charges