TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Yung Miami Gifted JT This Icy Patek For Her Birthday
- Why Artists Like Teyana Taylor Need Their Roses Now
- FUBU Is Trending After Twitter User Asks If We Know It Means ‘For Us By Us’
- Front Page News: Government Leak Says The Country Is In A Red Danger Zone Due To COVID-19 [WATCH]
- Zendaya Coleman Is Named Valentino’s Latest Brand Ambassador
- Gary’s Tea: Miley Cyrus’ Sister Apologizes For Calling Candace Owens A ‘Nappy A** Heaux’ [WATCH]
- Ciara And Russell Wilson Launch A Fashion House That Empowers Underserved Communities
- Here Are 5 Of Tyra Banks’ Most Iconic Editorial Moments
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — December 4, 2020: Mixed Messaging in Georgia Runoff — Mrs. Rosa Parks — Obama, Clinton and Bush Say They Will Get Covid-19 Vaccine
- From Fred Hampton To Laquan McDonald: Why We Should Always Question The Chicago PD