TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- CDC and Columbus Public Health Now Recommending Mask for Everyone Indoors in Franklin County
- Simone Biles Is Back: Olympian Will Compete In Final Women’s Gymnastics Event
- K. Michelle Moves ‘Sexiness’ Content To OnlyFans Page: ‘I Feel Healthy And Feel Beautiful!’
- Tami Roman Rocks A Natural ‘Fro And Shows Off Progress From Her Natural Hair Journey
- Was Comedian Michael Che Wrong For Sharing Jokes About Simone Biles’ Sexual Assault?
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Jumbo Box Braids And We’re Loving It!
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Celebrate Their Anniversary
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar