TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win 1K Daily from Rickey Smiley and Keyshia Cole
- Rest In Power Haroun Wakil: Atlanta Activist Who Promoted Community Policing Dies
- Tennis Champion Sloane Stephens: ‘Healthy Eating’ And ‘Consistency’ Are Keys To A Strong Game
- Crystal Smith Responds To Viral Tweet About Ne-Yo’s Ex, Monyetta Shaw
- Ayanna Pressley Endorses Tishaura Jones As Race For St. Louis Mayor Heats Up
- Rock-T Gives An Update On Tiger Woods’ Car Crash Injuries [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Here’s What You Need To Know About The New Coronavirus Bill [WATCH]
- Black Man Indicted On Hate Crime Charges For Singling Out ‘Light-Skinned Women’ To Attack
- TRIED IT: The Glow By Daye Deep Conditioning Cap Gave My Natural Curls A Boost of Hydration
- Baton Rouge Police Under Investigation After Video Shows Officer Choking A 13-Year-Old Black Boy
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, Who Once Called Black People ‘Slaves’ To Democrats, Champions Transphobia