Mars unveiled the new name for its 70-year-old Uncle Ben’s rice brand.
This is the latest company to drop a logo criticized as a racial stereotype.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Packaging with the new name Ben’s Original will hit stores next year.
“We listened to our associates and our customers and the time is right to make meaningful changes across society,” said Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars Food, multisales and global customers. “When you are making these changes, you are not going to please everyone. But it’s about doing the right thing, not the easy thing.”
- WATCH: Sony Music Group Launches “YOUR VOICE YOUR POWER YOUR VOTE” Campaign
- ‘He Was Still Breathing’: Tafara Williams Suggests Waukegan Cops Could Have Saved Marcellis Stinnette
- Lovie Simone On ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Remake: ‘You Get To See The Lifestyle Of The Black Girl Without It Being Traumatizing’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Has A ‘Thrilling’ Creative Process For Baby Phat Beauty With Her Daughters Aoki Lee And Ming Lee
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Shares How To Deal With Election Anxiety [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Protests Start In Philadelphia After Police Shooting [WATCH]
- Wendy Williams Addresses Concerns Over Recent Behavior
- Cincinnati: Shooting In Avondale Police Investigate
- Meet MELĒ, The Skincare Brand Co-Created By Dermatologists Of Color For The Melanin Rich
- Philadelphia Cops Kill Walter Wallace Jr., Black Man With Knife Who Video Shows Didn’t Pose Deadly Threat To Police
Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A New Name Change, Are We Here For it? was originally published on 92q.com