GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Are We Headed for a Four-Day Workweek? New Congress Legislation Gaining Steam
- CDC and Columbus Public Health Now Recommending Mask for Everyone Indoors in Franklin County
- Simone Biles Is Back: Olympian Will Compete In Final Women’s Gymnastics Event
- K. Michelle Moves ‘Sexiness’ Content To OnlyFans Page: ‘I Feel Healthy And Feel Beautiful!’
- Tami Roman Rocks A Natural ‘Fro And Shows Off Progress From Her Natural Hair Journey
- Was Comedian Michael Che Wrong For Sharing Jokes About Simone Biles’ Sexual Assault?
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Jumbo Box Braids And We’re Loving It!
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Celebrate Their Anniversary
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
OHIO: Senator Rob Portman Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection was originally published on rnbcincy.com