GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Gang with past abductions blamed for kidnapping Ohio missionaries
- MODEL MONDAY: Tricia Baptiste Went From Doing PR For A Brand To Modeling For Them
- Prayers: General Colin Powell Has Passed From Complications from Covid-19
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- Moving Beyond the Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action
- 5 Events That Shaped Black History Month In The UK
- Remy Ma Has Instagram In A Frenzy Over Her Curve-Hugging, Little Black Dress
- These Fluffy Balenciaga Sunglasses Are Set To Be The Next Fashion ‘Must-Haves’
- Summer Walker Responds To Criticism Over Her New Single: ‘Leave Me Alone’
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
OHIO: Senator Rob Portman Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection was originally published on rnbcincy.com