GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Win 1K Daily from Rickey Smiley and Keyshia Cole
- Columbus Police Release Name of Man Wanted in Polaris Fashion Place Shooting
- Ex-Papa John’s CEO Says Its Taken Him Nearly 2 Years ‘To Get Rid Of This N-Word In My Vocabulary’
- Money Matters: Jini Thornton Gives Stimulus Checks Updates & Gives Women Money Advice [WATCH]
- What’s Trending!? Our Reaction To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Interview With Oprah [WATCH]
- Janelle Monae Gives Us Chills In Her Icy Blue Ralph Lauren Outfit
- Here’s The Most Shocking Moments From Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Interview With Oprah
- NFL Hires 1st Black Female Referee Maia Chaka
- CDC Announces When It’s Safe to Remove Your Mask
- Stacey Abrams Shows Us The Power Of A Black Woman In Marie Claire’s April Issue
- 2021 Cincinnati Music Festival Date Postponed!
OHIO: Senator Rob Portman Announces He Will Not Run for Reelection was originally published on rnbcincy.com