According to NBC4i, as the latest COVID-19 surge continues, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is reporting its highest case numbers since January.
On Tuesday, 5,914 new cases were reported in Ohio, with 318 new COVID-19 hospitalizations across the state.
ODH numbers show there are currently 2,468 COVID-19 hospitalizations statewide, which is more than 800 above the number from about two weeks ago. State data shows about 98% of COVID-19 hospitalizations this year are unvaccinated people.
OhioHealth is again using some of the strategies it used during the winter surge, according to Gastaldo. He said all options are on the shelf if they need them, but he hopes it does not get to that point.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Interview with Director of Celebrate One on Infant Mortality Awareness
- Black Families Get New Answers In Ancestry Thanks To Millions Of Updated Freedmen’s Bureau Records
- MODEL MONDAY: Jessica Zyrie Is Proud To Walk In Independent Shows
- Dr. Collier Says These Specific People Should Get The COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Are People Getting Too Sensitive About What’s On TV? [WATCH]
- Watch Cedric The Entertainer, LL Cool J & TV’s Top Stars Perform Biz Markie Hit At Emmys
- Harrowing Photos Of Border Patrol With Whips On Horseback Hunting Haitian Migrants Evoke Images Of Slavery
- Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together
- The Way Gabby Petito’s Fiancé Brian Laundrie Has Evaded Arrest Epitomizes White Privilege
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Reportedly Passes Away