According to NBC4i, a Tampa nail salon has reached a $1.75 million settlement with a woman whose leg was amputated after she got a pedicure at the business, according to the Morgan & Morgan law firm.
Lawyers said Clara Shellman developed an infection after getting a pedicure at Tammy’s Nails 2 on Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa in September 2018. Part of her leg was amputated after the infection spread from her toe to her lower leg, according to Morgan & Morgan.
The lawyers claim careless cleaning and improper sanitation of nail tools led to the infection.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ciara Shows Off A DIY Ensemble She Made For Herself From A Pair of Cargos
- Ashanti Hit The Stage In A Sexy Leather Look
- Zaya Wade Posed In All White Ahead Of Her Winter Formal
- Winnie Harlow Stepped Out In A Windowsen Look
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- Latto Gives Us Style Goals In An All Denim Ensemble
- One of the Twins that Was a Subject of Ohio Amber Alert Has Died
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- Angela Simmons Gives Us Fashion Goals In A Silver Two Piece Set
- Jordyn Woods Responds To A Woman Who Criticized Her New Clothing Line