Two Republican state lawmakers introduced House Bill 616 on Tuesday to prohibit schools from teaching about “divisive or inherently racist concepts” – including sexual orientation and gender identity for students between kindergarten and third grade, according to the bill’s text.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Black History Now: Celebrating our Culture & History
- Gun Recovered from Student at Marion Franklin High School Thanks to a Parent
- Columbus considers reducing Downtown speed limit
- Columbus Bed Bath & Beyond among slew of stores closing
- Justine Skye Gives Us Style Goals In A Christopher Esber Gown
- Don’t Call It Attitude! Why Anger In Black Women Might Just Be Anxiety
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- Urban One Launches Podcast Network For BIPOC Audiences
- Big Up / Let Down: Black Photogs Get A Disney Doll Deal + Kenya Barris’ N-Word Hot Take
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources