According to NBC4i, within a week’s time the Columbus City Council swiftly introduced, proposed, and passed legislation on reducing the speed limit throughout the Downtown area.
Columbus City Councilmember and Chair of the Public Safety and Transportation Committee Lourdes Barroso de Padilla, who hosted the first public hearing last Tuesday on the ordinance, said reducing speed limits is among the top concerns heard from residents in Columbus communities.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
With a vote of 7-0, the city council approved a motion Monday night to change the speed limit in the Downtown district with a limit of 35 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour. The initiative is part of a strategy by Vision Zero Columbus to reduce serious and fatal crashes on city streets, to promote safe travel for those walking, biking or in a motor vehicle, and to support safety as the top priority of the transportation system.
For the full NBC4 story click here
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- Vote for Joy to Win a Stellar Award for Station of the Year
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Keke Palmer Shares Life Story In Her New Amazon Music Short Film ‘Big Boss’
- Lizzo Is A Stylish Beach Babe In Her Latest Instagram Pic
- Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
- Hot Spot (UPDATE): Judge Joe Brown Denies Sexual Assault Claims [LISTEN]
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’