According to NBC4i, LGBTQ+ advocates are turning an act of hate during a Columbus fundraiser on Saturday into a call to action.
Nazi protesters disrupted a drag brunch on Saturday benefiting Kaleidoscope Youth Center, the largest and longest-standing organization supporting the LGBTQ+ community in Ohio. However, since then, KYC has received an outpouring of support from the community.
In addition, the center told NBC4 it has greatly exceeded its fundraising goal of $5,000 by raising around $50,000.
Saturday’s brunch at Land Grant Brewery was organized to promote inclusion and community partnerships.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- BREAKING: Jason Kelce Announces Retirement from the NFL
- Kamala Harris Calls For Ceasefire In Gaza While Honoring Bloody Sunday’s 59th Anniversary
- Caitlin Clark Sets All-Time NCAA Division I Scoring Record
- Latest Trump Speeches Highlight Same Cognitive Fears That Republicans Express About Biden
- CDC Announces Changes to COVID Guidelines
- White Pastor Defends Slavery And Calls Martin Luther King Jr. A ‘Non-Believer Who Misrepresented Christ’
- Dwayne Johnson Owns The Rights To “Jabroni,” “Candy Ass” & Other Catchparses Thanks To Agreement With WWE Parent Company TKO
- The Flenory Brothers Story Will Continue In Season 4 of ‘BMF’
- The Chosen One: Ben Wallace Talks Going Undrafted to NBA Hall of Fame
- Watch: BET’s ‘Comic View’ Returns With An All-Star Lineup of Comedians
Cleveland Rapper, Auntie Piggy is recovering from being shot multiple times
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Columbus: See Inside The Abandoned Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark
Jaheim Explains Why He Looking Tragic These Days
Columbus Nightclub Temporarily Closed Following Double Homicide
Win A Trip to Miami's "Jazz in the Gardens"!
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Amber Alert Cancelled, 5 Yr Old Darnell Taylor Found Dead