Corn: Love it or hate it, there are tons of myths about it. But overall, is corn actually good for you. Check out som myths below that tell you the truth about corn!
1. Isn’t sweet corn genetically modified (GMO)?
Many people confuse “feild corn” with the corn that you can find at your local grocery store. Field corn, is virtually inedible and is used in numerous different things. Most of this field corn is genertically modified, but the gorcery store corn is not!
2. Corn is too sugary and can make you fat.
Corn by itself is actually pretty healthy. One ear of corn has about the same calories as an apple, and less than one-fourth the sugar. Although corn by itself is healthy, the toppings many people put on it are often not, so make sure you watch what goes on top.
For more myths and facts click HERE
Like MOJO on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Guess Who The New X-Factor Hosts Are?!?!?!
- Who Won The Debate?
- Lance Armstrong Steps Down From Livestrong Foundation After Doping Allegations
- Are You Sabotaging Your Chance At Having A Real Relationship?
- White Kids Allegedly Wear Blackface While Reenacting Chris Brown’s Attack On Rihanna