R&B/Soul is back… Brian McKnight follows up his sexy single “Sweeter” with the after dark fireworks banger “4th of July.” The second offering will appear on his forthcoming fifteenth studio album, More Than Words, slated for release on March 19th.
“I kinda went back to that period between ’88 and ’94 where I felt like I was the most creative, without being hindered by powers that be,” McKnight told Billboard of the new project. “I was no longer going to try to hinder myself to what I thought was going to be on the radio. I went back and listened to the first three albums I made and tried to figure out what was special about them, why people keep going back to them. I think it was because I didn’t know what I was doing. I had no idea if they were going to play it on the radio or anything. All I did was write songs, so that’s what I got back to.”
listen below via: singersroom.com
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Police Chief Uses Lie-Detector Test To Keep Racists Off His Force
- Columbus Fire Leaves Two Injured
- Rihanna Spotted Getting Kinky With Women In Sex Club
- David Otunga Talks Debut in ‘The Call,’ Love and Marrying Jennifer Hudson
- Bizarre Death Leads To Father Wanting Answers