Singer and “R&B Divas: LA” star Chanté Moore is enjoying the single life and not rushing to walk down the aisle again.
“Just thinking of actually waking up to the same guy everyday, ‘No, thank you,’ said Chanté. After she divorced the love of her life, “A Different World” actor Kadeem Hardison, she went on to marry Kenny Lattimore; who she also later divorced.
“I really want to date. I really want to be free. I can fly off to New York, Japan or Taiwan and nobody’s gonna be like, ‘You going without me?’” she said. “I love the freedom and the joy of it. I’ve been unhappily married for too long.”
We learned about Chanté’s rocky relationship with her ex-husband Kenny during episodes of “R&B Divas: LA.” Kenny was allegedly looking to gain full custody of their son, but now the legal battle is over, according to Chanté.
“It just hurt my feelings that he would even go there, but it’s over. It was irritating. I was more concerned about my son’s feelings and whether he was going to be hurt, but it turned out fine. All is well,” Chanté said.
The singer is enjoying her days as a free woman and encourages other single women to do the same.
“Be content with where you are. The Bible talks about being content with being rich or poor,” she said. “Find joy in the moment. It’s fun to be hugged and loved and paid attention to and to be told you’re beautiful, but date the crap out of somebody. Have a good time. It doesn’t take being married to have fun.”
Battle Of The Divas: Who Is The Best Live Vocalist?
1. Tamar Braxton- “Love & War”Source: 1 of 10
2. Whitney Houston- “I Will Always Love You”Source: 2 of 10
3. Mariah Carey- “Hero”Source: 3 of 10
4. Christina Aguilera- “This Is A Man’s World”Source: 4 of 10
5. Monica- “I Love The Lord”Source: 5 of 10
6. Jennifer Hudson- “And I Am Telling You”Source: 6 of 10
7. Keke Wyatt- “Nothing In This World”Source: 7 of 10
8. Kelly Price- “Friend Of Mine”Source: 8 of 10
9. Ledisi- “Be Grateful”Source: 9 of 10
10. Yolanda Adams- “How Great Thou Art”Source: 10 of 10
Chante Moore On Single Life: ‘I Love the Freedom and the Joy of It’ was originally published on wzakcleveland.com