The singer joined the National Anthem protest at the Power 106 Celebrity Basketball Game on Sunday, which marked the 15th anniversary of 9/11. Tank sang the now-controversial anthem and urged the crowd, even those who would otherwise protest, to stand in honor of the 3,000 people who died during 9/11.
But Breezy and his friends followed in Colin Kaepernick‘s footsteps and sat the anthem out—joking around as others stood.
Although Brown and friends rode the sidelines during the song, he did seem to like Tank’s rendition of the anthem.
Following his sit-out, the singer got into an argument with someone in the stands, and it was was intense enough for cops to get involved. No word on what led to the altercation, but in the video, you can see Chris is visibly upset, and you hear one of the USC cops say, “I don’t care who’s here, get it straight.”
Check out the video above.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, TMZ
Chris Brown & Quincy Bring Out The Stars For Celebrity Kick Ball Game
1. Chris Brown prepares to take down Team Quincy1 of 17
2. Amber Rose looks ready to whoop some butt!2 of 17
3. Kendall and Kylie go head-to-head3 of 17
4. The Game is ready to knock out Team Breezy4 of 17
5. Oops! DJ Khaled's pants fell down during the game!5 of 17
6. Jamie Foxx keeps it trill for the game6 of 17
7. Kylie posted this photo of herself repping Team Breezy.7 of 17
8. Chris Brown and Quincy prep before their competition8 of 17
9. Kylie Jenner keeps it stylish9 of 17
10. DJ Khaled gets his team prepped with Christina Milian and Kendall Jenner10 of 17
11. DJ Khaled reps Team Breezy11 of 17
12. Kendall and Kylie brew up a sibling rivalry12 of 17
13. Amber Rose competes with a huge smile on her face13 of 17
14. The Game shows that it's all love at the end of the day14 of 17
15. The Game hangs out with Kendall and Kylie15 of 17
16. DJ Khaled and The Game show each other some love before going head-to-head16 of 17
17. Quincy takes a selfie on the field before the game17 of 17
Chris Brown Takes A Seat: Singer Joins Protest Against The National Anthem was originally published on globalgrind.com