Willow Smith is not feeling fame and says her life can be terrible at times. She admits that living in the public eye can be unbearable. She did a interview recently and said, “I’m going to be completely and utterly honest, it’s absolutely terrible. Growing up and trying to figure out your life … while people feel like they have some sort of entitlement to know what’s going on, is absolutely, excruciatingly terrible — and the only way to get over it, is to go into it,. You can’t change your face. You can’t change your parents. You can’t change any of those things.”
She feels that most kids in her position end up in depression. This must be overwhelming for a young girl. She is only 17 years old. I hope Willow gets some help to sort through her feelings.
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”
1 of 11
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.
2 of 11
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.
3 of 11
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.
4 of 11
5. Lena Dunham is often open about her anxiety and OCD, once saying, “To those struggling with anxiety, OCD, depression: I know it’s mad annoying when people tell you to exercise, and it took me about 16 medicated years to listen. I’m glad I did.”
5 of 11
6. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”
6 of 11
7. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.
7 of 11
8. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.
8 of 11
9. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”
9 of 11
10. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”
10 of 11
11. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”
11 of 11
Continue reading Willow Smith Says Her Life is Terrible!
True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
Kid Cudi just entered rehab for depression and suicidal thoughts. Here are other celebrities who have struggled with mental health issues.