Mariah Carey’s ex fiance, James Packer, has checked himself into a mental health facility. The 50 yr old billionaire is a resident at an ultra exclusive and expensive facility in Mexico. Its called McLean Hospital and it runs a solid $35,000 a week.
Source: SMXRF/Star Max / Getty
Last week, reports revealed that he was stepping down from his gambling empire, Crowned Resorts, due to mental health issues. Packer has openly discussed his battles with depression in the past after his Telco company flopped and his separation from Mariah Carey. That’s good that he knows when he has had enough and he is seeking help. Kudos to him!
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”
1 of 11
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.
2 of 11
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.
3 of 11
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.
4 of 11
5. Lena Dunham is often open about her anxiety and OCD, once saying, “To those struggling with anxiety, OCD, depression: I know it’s mad annoying when people tell you to exercise, and it took me about 16 medicated years to listen. I’m glad I did.”
5 of 11
6. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”
6 of 11
7. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.
7 of 11
8. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.
8 of 11
9. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”
9 of 11
10. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”
10 of 11
11. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”
11 of 11
Continue reading Mariah Carey’s Ex Fiance Checks Into Mental Health Facility!
True Strength: Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
Kid Cudi just entered rehab for depression and suicidal thoughts. Here are other celebrities who have struggled with mental health issues.