Jill Scott busted into the music industry with a huge first release Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1 in 2000 right in the midst of the neo-soul movement. Scott grew up in a single parent household in Philadelphia and was known for her poetic talent and writing abilities gaining her the nickname Jilly from Philly.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Capturing an instant fan base with her amazing vocals and lyrical abilities that were poetic, Scott’s debut album went 2x platinum in the US and produced four chart-topping singles. Scott has since released four more solo albums Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2 in 2004, The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3 in 2007, The Light of the Sun in 2011 and Woman in 2015. But in 2004 Scott showed us that she was much more than a vocalist debuting her acting skills In Cavedweller
Scott is 46 years old and is still touring and amazing us with her natural acting abilities. That’s why we’re highlighting Miss Jilly Scott for Black Music Month 2018.
What’s your favorite Jill Scott song? Comment below.
Relive the moment with these Top 5 Jill Scott videos below:
1. A Long Walk
2. So In Love
3. The Way
5. Gettin’ In The Way
- The HistoryMakers Celebrates 20 years Of African American Leadership
- City of Columbus Launches “We Rise Together” Tee with Homage for Scholarship
- Cincinnati Public School students return to blended learning February 1st
- Happy Birthday, Dance Legend: Debbie Allen Keeps Dance Alive For 68 Years
- 16 Sultry Sade Tracks Perfect For The Winter
- Finish The Lyric: Test Your Knowledge Of These Aaliyah Songs
- Prayers Up: Minnesota Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns Reveals He Has Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Dr. Dre Reportedly Released From ICU Following Brain Aneurysm
- Mompreneur Melissa Dewgard Created My Melanin Fits To Celebrate The Culture. Period.
- SPORTS: Two Cavs-Wizards Games Postponed Because of COVID-19
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy