Rapper Fabolous will allegedly have a star witness go to bat for him if the domestic violence case involving him and his longtime partner, Emily B. goes to trial.
According to TMZ, Emily Bustamante’s father is willing to vouch for the rapper following a violent outburst caught on camera earlier this year. The outlet reports that Fabolous and Emily’s father patched things up fairly quickly after the incident and have been close ever since.
The case in question pertains to an incident earlier this year where the rapper, whose real name is John David Jackson, allegedly knocked out seven of Emily’s teeth and later threatened to kill her, her father and her brother.
Reportedly after the alleged assault Emily called her brother and father to help remove two guns Fabolous had in the home, out of fear that he might use the guns to kill her. When he returned to the home and noticed the guns were missing, a confrontation ensued.
In March a video made the rounds on the internet showing Fabolous, Emily B., and her father in a heated altercation outside of the couple’s New Jersey home. In the video, Fabolous is being restrained by a man while he argues with Emily and her dad. He also is seen brandishing a pair of scissors while he yells damaging threats in the family’s direction.
TMZ reports the rapper and Emily’s father had a phone conversation the day after the incident and agreed to put it behind them.
Fabolous turned himself into police days later and was arrested and charged with assaulting Emily, while making terroristic threats.
The couple have been together for over ten years and share two children. Emily has a teenage daughter from a previous relationship. Their relationship was profiled on the first few seasons of VH1’s hit show, Love & Hip Hop.
Last week, a grand jury indicted the rapper on four counts, including one for domestic violence with significant bodily injury, two for threatening to kill and one for possession of a weapon.
Article Courtesy of MadameNoire
First Picture Courtesy of Dennis Van Tine/Future Image and WENN
Second Picture Courtesy of Alberto Reyes and WENN
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
Emily B’s Dad Willing To Testify On Fabolous’ Behalf In Domestic Violence Incident was originally published on wzakcleveland.com