The BIG 10 has officially voted to cancel the 2020 football season for the conference due to concerns of COVID-19. The Detroit Free Press broke the news that The presidents voted ended with a, 12-2, Sunday putting a stop the 2020 season. The only two schools in the conference that voted in favor of having the season were Iowa and Nebraska.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
This decision came only two days after the Mid-American Conference announced the cancelation of their season. The Big 10 is the first of the Power Five conference to make this unprecedented move.
According to ESPN, the Big Ten presidents were ready to cancel the conference’s fall sports season but wanted to see what the other conference at the Power Five level were planning and if they would do the same.
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Dead At 51
- Hazel-E Suffers Serious Complications After Undergoing Plastic Surgery
- Gucci’s Aria Collection Is A Label Lovers Dream
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Expands Her Anser Wellness Line To Include Whole-Body, Beauty And Prenatal Supplements
- FedEx Shooting Motive Is Unclear As Sikh Victims Are Identified Among The Dead
- Kelly Price Shares The Inspiration Behind Her Gospel Project + Details On American Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Beyoncé’s White Area Suit Is Next Level DRIP
- Hot Spot: Should Black Panther Recast T’Challa To Continue His Legacy? [WATCH]
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Tried To Run Over Black Children Charged With Racist Hate Crimes
- Alleah Taylor Opens Up About Former NFL Player Chad Wheeler Brutally Beating Her: ‘It Needs To Be Acknowledged’