Columbus police said Thursday that they had arrested Arshad Lawson, 20, and that he was the shooter in the incident. In Delaware County, where Polaris Fashion Place is located, he is being charged with felonious assault. But police said he is being held in Franklin County on other charges.
The shooting took place Monday and was the second shooting at Polaris in March. Police said a confrontation broke out among at least three people on the lower level of the mall in the main concourse.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Shock G, Digital Underground Rapper And West Coast Pioneer, Dead At 57
- A World Where George Floyd And Ma’Khia Bryant Would Still Be Here Is A World Without Police
- GOP Politician Complains About Cardi B During a Hearing Despite More Severe Issues Happening in the U.S.
- Hot Spot: DMX’s Funeral Services Will Be Live Streamed For Fans To Attend Virtually [WATCH]
- Civil Rights Leaders Applaud House Passage Of D.C. Statehood Bill
- Retired Officer Chris Anderson Shares Police Perspective With Recent Shootings [WATCH]
- Will Phaedra Parks Be Returning For Season 14 Of RHOA?!
- FROM THA STREETS 2 THA SUITES Uncle Snoop Drops New Music Gang Signs (feat. Mozzy)
- Police Shot and Killed 17 Year Old After His Girlfriends Mom Calls 911
- We Must Reimagine Public Safety—Anything Less Fails Our Communities