According to NBC4i, A few people were able to breach a set of outer doors at Columbus Police headquarters after a protest Tuesday night, with one officer being evaluated for a head injury related to the incident.
Columbus Police Sgt. James Fuqua said an officer was hit in the head by some sort of stick during the incident. Investigators are trying to determine if the officer was struck on purpose or if it was accidental.
Fuqua said about 50 people peacefully demonstrated and marched in downtown Columbus Tuesday night, with the demonstration ending outside police headquarters.
After the protesters left, Fuqua said some of them came back and attempted to break into the building.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Magic 95.5 and the Columbus Music Commission for Music Business Mondays
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Alicia Keys Aims To Reawaken The Feminine Power In All Of Us Through Her 21 Day Meditation Experience
- Clock Is Ticking On Police Reform Agreement Ahead Of George Floyd Anniversary
- The Remains Of MOVE Police Bombing Victims Previously Thought To Be Destroyed Are Actually Intact, Philadelphia Says
- ‘black-ish’ Ending After The End of Its Eighth Season Next Year
- Vanessa Bryant And The Girls Visit Kobe Bryant’s Basketball Hall of Fame Exhibit
- Did This Novel About A Black Boy Shot By Police Deserve To Be Pulled From Florida Classrooms?
- Nikole Hannah-Jones Gets Her Flowers At Urban One Honors
- Watch Toccara Host TSR’s New Plus-Size Model Competition ‘Thick House’
- Oprah Winfrey And Sterling K. Brown Partner For OWN Network TV Special In Honor Of Black Fathers
- Target Putting an End to Selling Sports and Pokémon Cards For The Time Being