Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther sat down and talked with Magic 95.5’s own Divine Martino to talk about this tragic loss to the community and her family, “I’m not just the mayor I’m a dad as well. I have a daughter and the city is grieving the loss of that 16-year-old and lifting that family up in our thoughts and prayers. We released the officer’s body-worn camera footage as soon as we could in record time. We thought it was very important to be as transparent and responsible as possible and we will release additional information soon.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He goes on to express how the loss of a 16-year-old girl weighs heavy on him as a father and a leader of the Columbus community.
“What led to a 16-year-old girl to believe her only option was to resolve a dispute with a knife. I promise to you that and our community is that we will address both of these questions in a transparent and responsible way.” – Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther
Hear this exclusive interview in its entirety:
- Magic 95.5 and the Columbus Music Commission for Music Business Mondays
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Alicia Keys Aims To Reawaken The Feminine Power In All Of Us Through Her 21 Day Meditation Experience
- Clock Is Ticking On Police Reform Agreement Ahead Of George Floyd Anniversary
- The Remains Of MOVE Police Bombing Victims Previously Thought To Be Destroyed Are Actually Intact, Philadelphia Says
- ‘black-ish’ Ending After The End of Its Eighth Season Next Year
- Vanessa Bryant And The Girls Visit Kobe Bryant’s Basketball Hall of Fame Exhibit
- Did This Novel About A Black Boy Shot By Police Deserve To Be Pulled From Florida Classrooms?
- Nikole Hannah-Jones Gets Her Flowers At Urban One Honors
- Watch Toccara Host TSR’s New Plus-Size Model Competition ‘Thick House’
- Oprah Winfrey And Sterling K. Brown Partner For OWN Network TV Special In Honor Of Black Fathers
- Target Putting an End to Selling Sports and Pokémon Cards For The Time Being