According to NBC4i, A major piece of legislation involving college athletes and their name, image, and likeness (NIL) will be introduced Monday afternoon by Ohio State Senator Niraj Antani (R-Miamisburg).
During a news conference, Antani announced he would be filing the bill later in the day that would allow Ohio college athletes to be compensated for their NIL.
Ohio State University Athletic Director Gene Smith was also in attendance. He said the school will spend the month of June teaching OSU student athletes the proper way to get compensated for their NIL.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Tami Roman Rocks A Natural ‘Fro And Shows Off Progress From Her Natural Hair Journey
- Was Comedian Michael Che Wrong For Sharing Jokes About Simone Biles’ Sexual Assault?
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Jumbo Box Braids And We’re Loving It!
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Celebrate Their Anniversary
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar
- Alicia Keys Shares Sweet Message To Hubby Swizz Beatz For Their 11th Anniversary: ‘Twin Flames’
- Philadelphia Black Man Freed After Three Decades in Prison Based Off 30-Year-Old Evidence Already In The System
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’