According to NBC4i, Mayor Andrew Ginther officially announced Elaine Bryant is the new chief of the Columbus Division of Police.
Bryant appeared next to Ginther and Safety Director Ned Pettus at the announcement Wednesday.
With her mother looking on in the audience, Bryant said her 21-year career has been both rewarding and heartbreaking.
In her first address to CPD officers, Bryant said that establishing trust between police and community members is the first order of business under her leadership.
In a press release Mayor Ginther stated, “It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I announce Elaine Bryant as our City’s next chief of police,” said Mayor Ginther. “She is a transformational leader with sound judgment and considerable experience, an effective advocate for change whose actions are rooted in compassion, empathy and engagement with those whom she serves and leads. I am confident that she is the right leader at the right time for the City of Columbus.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Wine Down Wednesdays With Special Guest Nwaka Onwusa Hosted Nia Noelle
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- Enter To Win: Which HBCU Are You? Quiz + Contest
- Magic Celebrates Black Music Month
- TRIED IT: The Il MAKIAGE X Carli Bybel Moonstruck Face Palette Gave My Skin A Natural Glow
- Tiffany Haddish Doesn’t Wear Her Bonnet At The Airport: ‘It’s About Respecting Yourself’
- Front Page News: Carl Nassib Becomes First Active NFL Player To Publicly Announces He’s Gay [WATCH]
- It Won’t Stop: Chris Brown, Once Again, Accused Of Assaulting Woman Who Says He Smacked Her Weave Off
- SMH: ‘Juneteenth’ Video Shows People Twerking On Ambulance Responding To Deadly Mass Shooting
- T-Pain Says He Became Depressed After Usher Told Him He ‘F**ked Up Music’
- Jury Chooses To Convict Ex-St. Louis Police Officer in Brutal Beating of Undercover Black Cop
- NY State Trooper Pepper Sprayed & Rammed Family’s SUV, Leading To Death Of 11-Year-Old Black Girl
- Tristan Thompson & Khloé Kardashian Split Yet Again Following New Cheating Rumors & Alleged Mansion Party Threesome
- So What Did Usher Say to Make T-Pain Depressed?