According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- CEO of PrimaryOne Health Charleta Tavares on Healthcare Justice Awards and new scholarship
- DWB: Black Google Manager Says Security Stopped Him, Took His Badge & Questioned His Employment
- R. Kelly Has Been Found GUILTY!!!
- R. Kelly Found Guilty Of All Charges In NYC Racketeering & Sex Trafficking Trial
- Fashion Designer Jeremy Scott Collaborates with Adidas Original For Dip Collection
- Eva’s Corner: Should We Normalize Women Proposing To Men? [WATCH]
- How to get free Starbucks this week
- Doja Cat Collaborates With BH Cosmetics For Her Very Own Makeup Collection
- OSU Wexner Medical Center reducing visitations due to coronavirus
- Will Smith Gives 50+ And Fabulous On The Cover Of GQ Magazine’s November Issue