According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Mind, Body & Business Podcast With Maria More ‘Healthy Money’ | Episode 6
- One shot after argument in north Columbus
- Iman Shumpert Gifts Teyana Taylor A Corvette For Their Anniversary
- Diddy Sends The Combs Twins Off To Homecoming And They Look Flawless
- Trick or Treat Times for the Columbus Metro Area
- Ohio man facing charges after 125 mph chase
- Beyoncé Shares A Sweet Tribute To Sister Solange After Ballet Debut
- Lala Anthony Serves Face And Body In A Sheer LaQuan Smith Catsuit
- Vice President Harris Is Right To Highlight The Importance Of Equity In Disaster Relief
- Ime Udoka Reportedly Used “Crude Language” With Female Staffer Before Intimate Relationship Began