According to NBC4i, A court order now marks Eastland Mall as a public nuisance, citing outstanding health and safety code violations, according to Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein.
The order comes after the City of Columbus filed a case in Franklin County Municipal Court against Eastland Mall Holdings, LLC in April 2021. The city called the property owners out for violations including inadequate lighting, potholes, a sinkhole developing in the parking lot and structural issues. Klein called the mall “a hazard” to visitors.
“Immediate action must be taken to bring the property into compliance, and that begins with property owners stepping up to make improvements,” Klein said.
The court order gives Eastland Mall’s owners a deadline of July 13 to fix all the following code violations:
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ohioans facing home gas and electric rate hikes
- From cops to counselors: How Ohio’s 988 crisis number will work
- Illinois State Police Defend Granting Robert Crimo A Gun Permit Despite Highland Park Suspect’s Threats To ‘Kill Everyone’
- The Black Collegiate Gaming Association Helps Students Of Color Break Into The Gaming World
- Lala Anthony Shows Off Her Red Hair In Latest IG Post
- Martin Luther King Jr. Spoke On Using The N-Word In A Rare Letter Auctioning For $95K
- Sevyn Streeter Serves A LEWK In An All Black Ensemble
- Keke Palmer: ‘Never Forget Who You Are Or Where You Came From’
- Mike Grier Makes NHL History As First Black GM With San Jose Sharks Deal
- Chicago Teen Fatally Shoots Girl For Throwing Water On McDonald’s Employee