According to NBC4i, Columbus police misquoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in decals on a new community outreach cruiser, according to researchers who study the civil rights icon.
The Columbus Division of Police released a video on Feb. 1 — the beginning of Black History Month — of the newly decorated squad car on social media. Named “History 1,” police said it was intended to “celebrate the achievements of African Americans & recognize their roles in our history.”
An overwhelming amount of backlash to the video followed in replies on Twitter. Users referenced recent cases including the deadly police shooting of Donovan Lewis, and a Black CPD officer’s racial discrimination lawsuit where she was awarded only $2.
For the full NBC4 story click here
See the video CPD published on their Twitter account of the “History 1” vehicle placed in a historical black landmark in town
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- Vote for Joy to Win a Stellar Award for Station of the Year
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Keke Palmer Shares Life Story In Her New Amazon Music Short Film ‘Big Boss’
- Lizzo Is A Stylish Beach Babe In Her Latest Instagram Pic
- Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
- Hot Spot (UPDATE): Judge Joe Brown Denies Sexual Assault Claims [LISTEN]
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’