There are a lot of good albums coming out today: Phonte, 9th Wonder, J-Live, Evidence, Van Hunt and J.Cole just to name a few. After hearing most of them we can honestly say they’re worth the purchase but we feel a sense of urgency to make sure this kid Cole makes a strong debut. The North Carolina native is Hov’s first signee to Roc Nation so the pressure couldn’t be higher. Here are seven reasons you should cop, Cole World: The Sideline Story.
7. According to J. Cole, his album only costs “2 number 2 meals at McDonalds,” which is way cheaper than the season passes to the newly minted Brooklyn Nets Jay-Z is currently pushing.
6. One can only listen to Watch The Throne on repeat but so many times. And if you’re running out of space on your iPhone we suggest deleting that copy of “Angry Birds Rio” and the questionable photos from backstage at Rock The Bells.
5. Since Cole produced most of the album himself, there are likely no same-sounding Lex Luger beats.
4. In the first verse on the album, Cole proves that he can rap better than the whole Maybach Music Group combined and NOT ONCE does he use a painfully predictable metaphor like “cole slaw” anywhere on the album.
3. Unlike Lil Wayne & his The Carter IV, Cole is actually ON the best songs on Cole World: Sideline Story.
2. Since Cole is un-gang-related, you can bump his new joint without fear of getting shot by opposing gang members.
1. If Cole’s album doesn’t do well for RocNation they may never put out the Jay Electronica album.
Check out the video to “Daddy’s Little Girl”