Are you looking for something different to make for dinner tonight? I’m sure many of you are on the go and need things to make that are pretty quick and easy. I came across this spicy seafood dish on Facebook and thought I would share it. This is a perfect meal for you shrimp lovers out there. Simply follow the directions below and dinner is served. Enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp and Quinoa Casserole
¾ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
½ C chopped sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp olive oil
2½ tsp cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2½ C cooked quinoa
1/4 C shredded fontina cheese
Fresh cilantro for garnish
– Toss the shrimp and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning together, set aside.
– Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, set aside.
– Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
– Cook the shrimp until opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
– Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan along with the onion, jalapeno and garlic.
– Cook until the onion and jalapeno are tender, stirring often.
– Mix in the quinoa, tomato paste, ½ tsp Cajun seasoning and tomato chunks.
– Top with the shrimp and then sprinkle with the fontina cheese.
– Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
– During the last 2 minutes, turn on the broiler to high and broil until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
– Garnish with fresh cilantro.