According to a September 2013 study by Visa, Americans who eat out for lunch spend nearly $936 a year on average, solely on lunch. This breaks down to about $18 a week, or eating out twice a week at nearly $10 per outing.
Looking to cut back and save that money for something else? By preparing a meal at home or buying frozen those two days (based on an average frozen meal cost of $4, lunches can be prepared fresh at home for even less), peope can save an estimated $10 a week or more, roughly equalling $520 a year.
This is enough to pay for:
- A bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne 2002 ($440) and 1 oz. of Royal Imperial Caviar ($80)
- 16G iPad Air with Wi-Fi compatibility ($499)
- Charter a Schweizer 300C helicopter for one hour, day or night ($400-500)
- 3,360 Marshmallow Peeps ($511 for 28 cases of 24 packages of Peeps, with 5 peeps per package)
- Round-trip flight from Seattle, Washington to Honolulu, Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines ($408)
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Hamilton Traveler (purse, $398) and a MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Jet Set Multifunction Phone case (wallet, $98)
READ MORE: NewsNet5.com
Article Courtesy of WEWS NewsChannel 5
Picture Courtesy of Mario Tama, Getty Images and WEWS NewsChannel 5