Nina Pham has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital’s corporate company, Texas Health Resources. According to her lawyers, the nurse that treated Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan wasn’t prepped properly to do so. Additionally, Pham claims Texas Health Resources violated her privacy by revealing her medical records and a video of her being treated at the hospital.
The 26-year-old says the experimental drugs used to curb the virus have left her experiencing body aches, nightmares, and insomnia. Pham is also seeking damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, and medical expenses.
“She told the newspaper that she wants to ‘make hospitals and big corporations realize that nurses and health care workers, especially frontline people, are important,’” The Dallas Morning News reports. “And we don’t want nurses to start turning into patients.”
In her interview, Pham says she was the last nurse to be informed of Duncan’s diagnosis. She also slammed the hospital for not respecting the nurses and looking out for themselves during the incident.
“I was the last person besides Mr. Duncan to find out he was positive,” she said. “You’d think the primary nurse would be the first to know. … I broke down and cried, not because I thought I had it but just because it was a big ‘whoa, this is really happening’ moment.”
Pham is still employed with the hospital, but has yet to return back to work.
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Article Courtesy of Dallas Morning News and News One
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, and News One
Best Of Erykah Badu Fashion
1. gettyimages_1059235641 of 19
2. gettyimages_878575282 of 19
3. gettyimages_1481743033 of 19
4. gettyimages_1593810044 of 19
5. gettyimages_1047205245 of 19
6. gettyimages_1058603876 of 19
7. gettyimages_1593680427 of 19
8. gettyimages_1593760168 of 19
9. gettyimages_4890312839 of 19
10. gettyimages_11167700110 of 19
11. gettyimages_47911978111 of 19
12. gettyimages_48264092912 of 19
13. gettyimages_47911976913 of 19
14. gettyimages_17203190314 of 19
15. gettyimages_45179631415 of 19
16. gettyimages_17201424816 of 19
17. gettyimages_47899826717 of 19
18. gettyimages_8785628118 of 19
19. gettyimages_48835279919 of 19
Texas Nurse Who Contracted Ebola To Sue Dallas Hospital was originally published on wzakcleveland.com