For an Arizona father, what he first described as the “best day” of his life quickly took a turn for the worse when his wife died of blood loss during childbirth on Jan. 16.
Now, 29-year-old Carlos Morales is journeying into fatherhood without the love of his life and gearing up to care for his quadruplet infants alone.
“I went from having the best day of my life to the next morning experiencing the worst day of my life,” said Morales. “My four babies came into the world and then my wife died.”
The tiny two and three-pound babies, a boy he named Carlos Jr. and three girls — Tracey, Paisley, and Erica (named after her mother) — were all healthy, Morales said. He’s been taking baby-caring classes at a local hospital to prepare for fatherhood times four, PEOPLE reports.
“I’m learning everything from how to give them a bath, CPR, feeding, and how to manage their sleep schedule,” he says. “I need to be prepared.”
“Everything I do now is for my children,” Carlos, who will return to work, tells PEOPLE. “Our family and friends have been very supportive too.”
And though wife Erica wasn’t able to hold her babies — who she gave birth to via cesarean section at seven months — she did leave a blueprint behind on how she would like her children to be raised. Just recently, the new father found a note Erica had written on her iPad full of dreams for her children. She wants them all to go to college. She wants them to speak both English and Spanish. And she wants them to all have good jobs.
That’s a blueprint Morales hopes to follow in honor of his late love.”I will try my hardest to make sure that happens,” he says.
ARTICLE FROM: NewsOne.com
Article Courtesy of People Magazine and News One
Video Courtesy of KPHO-TV Phoenix, AZ and News One
Best Of Erykah Badu Fashion
1. gettyimages_1059235641 of 19
2. gettyimages_878575282 of 19
3. gettyimages_1481743033 of 19
4. gettyimages_1593810044 of 19
5. gettyimages_1047205245 of 19
6. gettyimages_1058603876 of 19
7. gettyimages_1593680427 of 19
8. gettyimages_1593760168 of 19
9. gettyimages_4890312839 of 19
10. gettyimages_11167700110 of 19
11. gettyimages_47911978111 of 19
12. gettyimages_48264092912 of 19
13. gettyimages_47911976913 of 19
14. gettyimages_17203190314 of 19
15. gettyimages_45179631415 of 19
16. gettyimages_17201424816 of 19
17. gettyimages_47899826717 of 19
18. gettyimages_8785628118 of 19
19. gettyimages_48835279919 of 19
Arizona Father To Care For Quadruplets Alone After Wife Dies In Childbirth was originally published on wzakcleveland.com