“Awareness and action are not the same things,” says Shaun King. In this day and age of the Trump Era, King believes that as a people we need to organize better to make an impact.
On this segment of the Scary Truth, Shaun King outlines some main things that need to happen for change to happen. A plan for change, getting more people to execute the plan and energy. Listen above as he expands on each of these.
Thousands Protest During #MillionsMarchNYC Against Police Brutality
1. Thousands march together on their way to the NYPD headquarters.1 of 17
2. Thousands gather near the NYPD headquarters.2 of 17
3. A protester holds up a sign to stop police brutality.3 of 17
4. Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, and Nas help lead the march in NYC.4 of 17
5. Protestors march up 5th Avenue.5 of 17
6. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before marching uptown.6 of 17
7. Protestors lead by holding up a ‘Black Lives Matter’ banner.7 of 17
8. Picketed versions of the victims of police brutality are held up during the march.8 of 17
9. The Brooklyn Bridge gets shut down by protestors.9 of 17
10. A protestor holds up a focused ‘We Demand Justice’ sign10 of 17
11. Santa Con participants face the interrupting protests happening through the streets.11 of 17
12. An artist participates in the protest through creative expression.12 of 17
13. Thousands of different ethnicities and ages come together for the protests.13 of 17
14. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before the march.14 of 17
15. A protestor marches while in chains.15 of 17
16. Thousands march up 5th Avenue.16 of 17
17. Thousands march up 5th Avenue towards Union Square.17 of 17
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Shaun King: How Do We Actually Make Change Happen? was originally published on blackamericaweb.com