Tis the season of giving back!
Big shoutout to the Columbus Fire Station 16 for going beyond to help their community. They risk their lives fighting fires but they are also helping kids in the city stay warm during the winter.
Firefighter Michael Rosenberg said he realized that many kids in the city he came across didn’t have winter coats.
“There were children in the car, and all they had on were windbreakers. It was December. It was cold. I asked (their) mom, do we have coats? And she said no. That stuck with me.”
Now he is collaborating with Operation Warm to keep kids warm this year.
“Operation Warm makes their own coats. That can make a new winter coat for $18. So, for every 18 dollars we raise, we can keep a child warm this winter,” said Roseberg.
If you wish to help, you can drop a coat off at Red Rooster Quilts at 48 Corbins Mill Drive in Dublin. If you wish to make a money donation you can go to give.operationwarm.org/colff.
FAB FINDS: Upgrade Your Wardrobe With 15 Winter Accessories
1. FAB FINDS: Upgrade Your Wardrobe With 15 Winter AccessoriesSource: 1 of 16
2. Studded Leather GlovesSource: 2 of 16
3. Fur StoleSource: 3 of 16
4. Floppy HatSource: 4 of 16
5. Faux Fur CollarSource: 5 of 16
6. Tricolor GlovesSource: 6 of 16
7. Faux Fur HatSource: 7 of 16
8. Infinity ScarfSource: 8 of 16
9. Pom Pom GlovesSource: 9 of 16
10. Wool FedoraSource: 10 of 16
11. Plaid ScarfSource: 11 of 16
12. Cat Ear HatSource: 12 of 16
13. Faux Fur Trim GlovesSource: 13 of 16
14. Faux Fur HatSource: 14 of 16
15. Leather GlovesSource: 15 of 16
16. Pom Pom BeanieSource: 16 of 16
CBUS 411 Report: Help Columbus Firefighters Collect Coats For Kids was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com