Columbus schools are making sure we take care of our young ones and their mental health doesn’t go unnoticed.
Columbus City Schools are offering behavioral health counselors to students with guardians consent. Schools are also training students to identify mental health distress.
The Signs of Suicide is a preventive program offered to 6-12 graders. The goal of the program is to, “teach student and staff the risks and warnings signs for suicidal behavior.” Columbus City School counselors and school social workers partner with Nationwide Children’s Hospital resources and behavioral health therapists to offer the program.
Suicide has become the second-leading cause of death in youth ages 10-19.
City School Tour : South High School
1. 14611795522354Source:Station Event 1 of 8
2. 14611795628074Source:Station Event 2 of 8
3. 14611795839734Source:Station Event 3 of 8
4. 14611795935694Source:Station Event 4 of 8
5. 14611796042314Source:Station Event 5 of 8
6. 14611796147394Source:Station Event 6 of 8
7. 14611796263216Source:Station Event 7 of 8
8. 1461179636635Source:Station Event 8 of 8
Columbus Schools Offer Counselors To Offer Help With Mental Health was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com