It’s officially Pride Week in Columbus and there’s a lot of rainbow colors spotted throughout the city, especially in the Short North.
Organizers of the Pride Festival say they expect this Pride parade to be bigger than it has ever been!
“We’re a fan city,” said Stonewall Columbus Pride Coordinator Sabrina Boykin. “There is no other city that represents anything they love like Columbus.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The festival has grown by 33 percent and the parade by almost 45 percent which means there’s some new things to look forward to.
Boykin said it is all thanks to the community, and people like Drag Queen Nina West who is the grand marshal for the parade and recently had Hull Alley in the short north renamed after her.
“So to celebrate her is fantastic and to put her on this platform is fantastic, and we just have to remember that his message it ‘kindness is king’ and live by it and that’s what we’re doing,” said Boykin.
“Be Kind” is placed on the sign along with West’s name.
West is portrayed by Andrew Levitt, who raises money and awareness for non-profit organizations much of it helps the LGBTQ community.
“We are so proud of everything she has done to not only share her talents with the rest of America, but to be such an amazing kind leader her in our community,” said Betsy Pandora who is the executive director of the Short North Alliance.
Pride Festival kicks off this weekend on Friday the 14th! The huge parade is set to begin Saturday, June 15th at 10:30 a.m.!
- On the Mic with Missy B: and Special Guest Candice Simpson
- You Can Now Check In Online at the BMV!!!
- NationWide Children’s Hospital Ranked 7th Best in America!
- Ohio Attorney General Blasts Cincy’s New Marijuana Law
- Want A Way to Deter You From Eating Too Much Fast Food?
- Black Moms Matter: When Do You Snitch On Your Niece Or Nephew?
- Huggy Lowdown: ‘You Can’t Make This Ish Up!’
- Inside Her Story: Black Trans Women Deserve Safety
- Seriously Ignorant News: Give Me A Ring
- Top Of The Morning: Dom And Tracy Morgan Go Way Back
Pride Fest 2019 Will Be Biggest Columbus Pride Parade Ever! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com