Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Dead At 51
- Hazel-E Suffers Serious Complications After Undergoing Plastic Surgery
- Gucci’s Aria Collection Is A Label Lovers Dream
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Expands Her Anser Wellness Line To Include Whole-Body, Beauty And Prenatal Supplements
- FedEx Shooting Motive Is Unclear As Sikh Victims Are Identified Among The Dead
- Kelly Price Shares The Inspiration Behind Her Gospel Project + Details On American Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Beyoncé’s White Area Suit Is Next Level DRIP
- Hot Spot: Should Black Panther Recast T’Challa To Continue His Legacy? [WATCH]
- Suspected White Supremacist Who Tried To Run Over Black Children Charged With Racist Hate Crimes
- Alleah Taylor Opens Up About Former NFL Player Chad Wheeler Brutally Beating Her: ‘It Needs To Be Acknowledged’