Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- Win Tickets to the Drive in Concert ft. Bone Thugs N Harmony and Twista
- People Think Biden Threw Obama Under The Bus On Immigration During Final Presidential Debate
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Alnika Lovello Drops Gems On Growing A Multi-Million Dollar Fashion Brand
- News You Can’t Use: Where To Find A Good Man If You’re Over 40 [WATCH]
- Judge Upholds Derek Chauvin’s Most Serious Murder Charge As Other George Floyd Cops
- Jeff Johnson Talks About A Voter Intimidation Letter From The Proud Boys [WATCH]
- Cops Kill Unarmed Black Teen Car Passenger In Suburban Chicago Shooting
- Look At My African American: Donald Trump Shares ‘New York Post’ Cover Featuring 50 Cent On Instagram
- 86 Year Old Columbus Woman Shot in Her Home, Shooter at Large