Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- King Arts Complex Looking For Artist to Paint Mural
- King Arts Complex Seeking Artists To Paint Wall Mural!
- 7 Black Beauty Products To Shop This Week
- Quarantine Meals: Spicy Italian Turkey Sausage Over Polenta Cheese & Peppers Recipe [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Black Family Calls Out Racist Letter From ‘Neighborhood’ Over ‘Loud Music’
- Gary’s Tea: Did Beyonce’ Have An Entanglement With August Alsina?! [WATCH]
- Russell Westbrook Confirms He’s Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Actress Naya Rivera’s Body Found At Lake Piru in California
- The Washington Redskins Officially Announce The Decision To Change Their Name
- Franklin Co. Coroner: 15 Fatal Drug Overdoses in 72 Hours