Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- Taraji P. Henson Looks Like Royalty In A Purple Chanel Look
- Marjorie Harvey Gives Us Style Goals In Her Latest IG Reel
- Ciara Posts A Romantic Reel On Instagram In Honor Of Her And Russell Wilson’s 6th Anniversary
- Rosa Parks Letter Opposing Clarence Thomas’ SCOTUS Confirmation Has Resurfaced
- Airbnb Guests File Lawsuit On Host Who Allegedly Recorded Them Having Sex On Hidden Cam
- Biden Sends Letter To Brittney Griner In Russian Prison Amid Outcry For America To Do More
- Grambling Volleyball Coach Fired, Bias Scholarship Cuts Point To Reason
- Naomi Campbell Shines On The Balenciaga Runway In A Massive Victorian Era Ballroom Gown
- State Senator Tiara Mack Receives Backlash For Twerking On Tiktok
- Bill O’Reilly Blames ‘Minority Gangs’ After Highland Park Shooting By White Domestic Terrorist Robert Crimo