Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- Get Your First Look At Porsha Williams’ New Spinoff Series, ‘Porsha’s Family Matters’
- Keke Palmer Debuts Flat Top Haircut In Latest Instagram Pics
- Jini Thornton Shares Money Moves You Should Take Care Of Before The End Of The Year [WATCH[
- Gary’s Tea: Cynthia Bailey Explains Why She’s Leaving RHOA [WATCH]
- More Charges Filed Against a Columbus Police Offer Stemming from the 2020 Protest
- Ohio updates guidelines for COVID-19 quarantining in schools
- First park in USA for social justice opens in Columbus
- Rare ‘flesh-eating’ STD on the rise in UK, doctor warns
- Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen Speak About Being “Outsiders”
- ‘Insecure’ Pushes Style And Fashion To The Forefront Line In The Season 5 Debut Episode