Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
- The HistoryMakers Celebrates 20 years Of African American Leadership
- Gov. DeWine Orders Curfew to Stay in Affect Pass Jan 23rd
- GG Townson Explains The Pressure Of Playing In The Salt-N-Pepa Biopic [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Front Page News: Here’s What Joe And Kamala Are Doing On Their First Day In Office [WATCH]
- Read The Letter Kwame Kilpatrick Sent Trump Pleading For A Commutation: ‘I Applaud Your Boldness’
- Get It Right, Get It Tight: Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her 30-Day Body Transformation
- Kamala Harris Delivers First Speech As Madam Vice President
- Cincinnati: The Plan For CPS Students To Return To School Week Of Feb 1st
- Joe Exotic Says He Was “Too Gay” To Receive Trump Pardon
- Gun Shops in Columbus Reporting Shortages as Sales Continue to Increase!
- Viral: A Thread Of Our Favorite Bernie Sanders Memes From The Inauguration