The Students of the Year initiative is a leadership development program for students attending high school. During the process, students learn various skills that help them grow in the areas of business, marketing, and managing projects in order to raise funds for the society. The top local fundraisers become eligible to win the national title. Money raised will be in honor of a local patient hero who is currently battling or is in remission from blood cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Central Ohio Chapter has 22 candidates who have signed up for Students of the Year®– a competition, where they raise funds to support more than 1.3 million blood cancer patients in the U.S.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
“It’s amazing to watch these young men and women work so hard to fundraise and help us cure cancer,” said Breana Shawver, LLS’s Columbus Chapter Executive Director. “Students of the Year resonates with Generation Z, who want to leave their mark in the world. As the world’s largest nonprofit dedicated to fighting blood cancers, LLS has a legacy of innovating in the fundraising category and Students of the Year is our newest addition. The one-of-a-kind program brings together students from diverse backgrounds and experiences who are compassionate and driven to reach their own personal fundraising best.”
For additional information on this program visit lls.org/lls-newsnetwork.
- Blac Chyna Gets A Tattoo Removed As She Continues Her Life Changing Journey
- The Mall at Tuttle Crossing is up for sale
- AEP Ohio confirms rate hike for customers
- Porsha Williams Has ‘All Eyes On Her’ In Her Latest IG Post
- CPD Dragged By Car, Local Teen Shot
- Garcelle Beauvais Gave Us Sparkly Glam In Her Latest IG Post
- Congrats! Da Brat And Jesseca Harris-Dupart Reveal They’re Having A Boy!
- Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
- 95Kwithout power in central Ohio; restoration could take days
- Ohio Woman Arrested for Beating Man with Paper Towel Holder
The Central Ohio Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Kicks Off Student of the Year Campaign was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Urban One Columbus and Columbus Urban League Job and Recruitment Fair