According to Governor Mike DeWine Ohio is experiencing its largest COVID-19 spike since April! Ohio has been doing a good job flattening the curve for the last two months but today was a day we didn’t want to see for the state.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In the last twenty-four hours Ohio has seen a spike of 951 confirmed cases. 60% of the confirmed cases are 20-49 years old making the average age of COVID-19 diagnosis at 42 years old. In May the average age was 51 years old. Also in the last twenty-four hours, there have been 16 deaths, 68 hospitalizations, and 7 intensive care unit admissions.
Governor Mike DeWine also revealed via Twitter what area of the state has had the most confirmed cases also known as hotspots, “The uptick in cases is being seen in the region around Hamilton County, including Butler and Clermont counties in Ohio.”
So how do we spot the spread? Wearing a mask or face coverings when you go out and social distancing of at least 6 feet. As of now, Governor DeWine is not planning on closing businesses again like Flordia and Texas are currently experiencing.
Wanting to get tested for COVID-19 or find out more information? Visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Win Tickets to The Ohio Black Expo Riverfront Culture Fest
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- NLE Choppa Talks Viral “LIFE” Quote, Memphis Artists You Need To Know, Why He’s Vegan + More
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Ben Crump Compares Tyre Nichols’ Footage To Rodney King: ‘Those Officers Did Not Extend Any Humanity’ [WATCH]
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Average home price, mortgage rates fell in Columbus in December
- Dollar General Shuts Down All Stores Across Ohio