Ohio’s Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive for COVID-19 just before a scheduled visit with President Trump.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
President Trump was to meet DeWine Thursday in Cleveland and underwent a mandatory COVID-19 test before his visit as part of standard protocol. The news was revealed on Governor DeWine’s Twitter account.
DeWine is currently a-symptomatic and is planning to follow CDC recommendations and quarantine in his home for 14 days.
DeWine is the second governor in the U.S. to test positive for COVID-19 after Republican Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt. Ohio’s Lt. Governor Jon Husted also took a COID-19 but tested negative.
For more information on COVID-19 and Ohio visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
UPDATE 8/7/2020 10:31pm
After returning home Governor DeWine and his wife Fran took a second COVID-19 test. Both Governor DeWine and his wife tested negative. The Governor took two different types of COVID-19 test, the negative test came from a PCR test that is said to be more accurate.
- More Cops Investigated In Breonna Taylor’s Killing Ahead Of Kentucky AG’s Decision
- Shia Douglas Launches Beauty And Lifestyle Brand, Wife Of Creation
- Zendaya Stole The Show At Last Night’s Emmy Awards
- How To Achieve Octavia Spencer’s Tussled Award Show Tresses
- How To Recreate Zendaya’s Emmy Award-Winning Wispy Bangs And Bun
- Gary’s Tea: Cardi B.’s Real Reason For Divorcing Offset & Bronny Caught Doing Drugs [WATCH]
- Eva’s Corner: Tyler Perry’s ‘Quilt’ Emmy Speech Is An Inspiration For Your Future [WATCH]
- ‘Racist Bigot’ Trump Supporter Who Killed BLM Protester Dies By Suicide
- Cincinnati: Are you Suffering From Allergies Due To This Fall Like Weather?
- Black Hollywood Did That! Here Are The Best Looks & Winners Lists At The 2020 Emmy’s Awards