The ticket is set.
On Tuesday (August 11), Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden announced California senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. Harris, the former Attorney General for California, would be the first Black woman named to a major party’s Presidential ticket and would be the first female Vice President if Biden is elected in November.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden tweeted.
He added, “Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
Harris, who initially ran for President until she suspended her campaign last December, endorsed Biden for President earlier this year.
- Trump Nominating Amy Coney Barrett After Voting Has Begun Undermines The Democratic Process, Civil Rights Groups Say
- Trump Is Expecting Amy Coney Barrett To ‘Be A Female Antonin Scalia,’ Who Once Said Blacks Need ‘Slower’ Colleges
- “When We Don’t Vote Speech” From Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley Explains Why We Need To Vote [WATCH]
- Huggy Lowdown: Daniel Cameron Is The Bama Of The Week [VIDEO]
- #RussRant: Donald Trump Refuses A Peaceful Transfer Of Power [VIDEO]
- Malika Haqq Collaborates With Naked Wardrobe For A Mommy And Me Clothing Line
- The Black Ballot: What Are The Criminal Justice Reform Asks Before And Beyond The Election?
- Did You Know Reusable Cotton Pads Are A Thing?
- Twitter Trolls Cite Reginald Denny To Defend Cars Driving Through Protesters
- Nigerian Designer Ivy Ekong Uses Her Fashion Empire To Promote Diversity And Inclusion
Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com